Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2 Red carpet London Premiere
Monday 24th April
Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith, London
Set to the backdrop of 'Awesome Mixtape #2,' Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continues the team's adventures as they traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos. The Guardians must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mysteries of Peter Quill's true parentage. Old foes become new allies and fan-favorite characters from the classic comics will come to our heroes' aid as the Marvel cinematic universe continues to expand.
- This sequel was announced a week before the release of Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) at San Diego Comic-Con 2014.
- In an interview, James Gunn said that most of the questions will be answered in this movie that remained unanswered in the first part.
- It is rumored that Beta Ray Bill will appear in this film. Bill is also rumored to appear in Thor: Ragnarok (2017), and later show up to help the Avengers in Avengers: Infinity War (2018).
- It was revealed by James Gunn that he and Kevin Feige wanted David Bowie to appear in a cameo before his death on January 10, 2016.
- Nathan Fillion plays actor Simon Williams (seen in movie posters). In the comics, Simon Williams was Wonder Man, an Avenger who had a very successful side career as a Hollywood action star who did his own stunts.
- After many rumors, Karen Gillan will reprise her role as Nebula without shaving her head.
- Chapter Three of Phase Three in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Gary Oldman, Viggo Mortensen, Christoph Waltz, Christopher Plummer, Max von Sydow, and Liam Neeson were considered for the role of Ego.
- Unlike the last film where it was just his voice, Vin Diesel will also provide motion capture for Groot.
- Originally set for a July 2017 release, but was pushed up to May 5, 2017.
- James Gunn clearly stated that this sequel won't set up the Avengers: Infinity War.
- According to Chris Pratt, the movie's script helped him come to terms with the death of his father.
- The film's subtitle is a nod to Star Lord's Awesome Mix Vol. 1 tape from Guardians of the Galaxy (2014).
- The poster for the film is a parody of the Ramones album cover, Rocket to Russia.
- Matthew McConaughey was considered to play the villain in this movie, but passed on the role.
- On March 23, 2016, Chris Pratt announced a fundraiser to help support the Lake Stevens' Boy's and Girl's Club, from where he grew up. By donating, you would get a chance to visit Pratt, and eat lunch with him on the set of this film.
- In the comics, Mantis is half-German and half-Vietnamese. She is portrayed in the film by Pom Klementieff, who has a South Korean mother and a French-Russian father.
- In an interview about the film, Karen Gillan talked about Nebula, and explained that "she is a pretty angry woman, with some daddy issues and that, in the second movie, we're going to start to see how much pain her father actually caused her, and we're going to delve right into the relationship with her sister Gamora. I think we might even feel a tinge of sympathy towards her this time."
- There were strong refrences of superhero 'Nova' in the first movie, and it was believed he'd appear in the sequel, but James Gunn said he has no plans to bring the character to the big screen.
- Kurt Russell has appeared in many Disney films over the past fifty-one years. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) will be his first Disney film, and superhero film, in twelve years.
- Chris Pratt said that he found the workout regiment for his shirtless scene much easier compared to the first film, because he was already in great shape going into the film. For the first film, Pratt was sixty pounds overweight when he started working out. But for this film, he said he had maintained his buff physique acquired for the first film.
- It was announced on June 29, 2015, that the title would be "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2".
- It is rumored that Howard The Duck could reappear.
- It will be the first film shot on RED's WEAPON 8K digital camera. It is the digital equivalent to VistaVision, a higher definition 35mm format developed in the 1950s.
- According to James Gunn, John C. Reilly couldn't reprise his role as Corpsman Dey, due to scheduling conflicts.
- Nathan Fillion, who plays Simon Williams in this film, played a different character (voice only) in Guardians of the Galaxy (2014).
- Tommy Flanagan has been cast as a Ravager.
- Fourth collaboration between James Gunn and Michael Rooker. The other three times being: Slither (2006), Super (2010), and Guardians of the Galaxy (2014). The last three all being superhero films.
- Cast members Kurt Russell and Sylvester Stallone previously worked together in Tango & Cash (1989).
- James Gunn went on record in an interview that he wants to give Nebula her own spin-off movie.
- Vin Diesel and Kurt Russell, appeared in Furious 7 (2015) and The Fate of the Furious (2017).
- In the second trailer, The Sweet's "Fox on the Run" plays in the background. In one of the Suicide Squad (2016) trailers, The Sweet's song "Ballroom Blitz" plays in its background. This is a coincidence, because both songs appeared on the same album and Suicide Squad is also DC's answer to Marvel's Guardians, furthering the connections and coincidences.
- Karen Gillan went on record in an interview, saying that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) will be better than the first movie.
- Sylvester Stallone is the second Expendables actor to appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Mickey Rourke was the first.
- It is confirmed that Star-Lord's father will be revealed to be Ego, a living planet, most recently seen in the "Agents Of S.M.A.S.H." series.
- In Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) a cocoon is seen in the Collector's collection. This cocoon is rumored to contain Adam Warlock, who is a member of The Guardians in the comic.
- Adam Warlock is rumored to appear in this film, who also contains the sixth Infinity stone.
- It is rumored that Adam Warlock will appear in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017), as his cocoon was seen in The Collector's collection during the end-credit scene of Thor: The Dark World (2013). Though it is not yet known what became of him when the collection exploded in Guardians of the Galaxy (2014). It has also been rumored that the Soul Infinity Gem/Stone will appear with him.
- Thanos will possibly appear in this movie to obtain the Aether and the Orb. He'll possibly be on Knowhere, where the Collector's museum is, to obtain the Aether a.k.a. the Reality Stone, to put on his Infinity Gauntlet. Then he journeys to Xandar to obtain the Orb for the Power Stone to add to his Infinity Gauntlet. Then he plans his journey to Asgard for the Tesseract a.k.a. the Space Stone in the two following films later that year in Thor: Ragnarok (2017).
- James Gunn described making Ego as Star-Lord's father a continuation of exploring the personal side of the Guardians: "If a raccoon could talk, and shoot a machine gun, how could that be? Answering that question ended up being the entire foundation of the first film. There's a sadness in these characters: Rocket was an animal experimented upon and torn apart; Groot has far more in common with Frankenstein's monster than with Bugs Bunny. Ego is an even more ridiculous character. But if a planet was alive, how could that be? And how could it father a child? Nova Prime said about Peter's father in the first film is that he is something ancient and unknown. And being a cosmic being, alone for eons, is even more lonely than being the universe's sole talking raccoon."
- When James Gunn was writing the script for the movie, and proposed the idea of Ego the Living Planet being Star-Lord's father, Marvel had told him that they didn't have the rights to Ego, whose rights were with 20th Century Fox, because of his ties to the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer franchises. Since Gunn did not have any other characters in mind for Star-Lord's father, he had to ask Fox if he could use the character. Fortunately, Fox agreed to let Marvel have Ego, in return for Fox having more creative freedom regarding Negasonic Teenage Warhead's set of superpowers in Deadpool (2016).
- The Guardians of the Galaxy will return in Avengers: Infinity War (2018).
guardians of the galaxy vol 2 cast
Peter Quill / Star-Lord
Drax the Destroyer
Rocket Raccoon (voice)
Baby Groot (voice)
Kraglin Obfonteri / On Set Rocket
Nova Prime Irani Rael
Ayesha / Kismet
Let us know What you think