Jumanji Welcome To The Jungle Red carpet London Premiere
Thursday 7th December
Vue West End, London
In a brand new Jumanji adventure, four high school kids discover an old video game console and are drawn into the game's jungle setting, literally becoming the adult avatars they chose. What they discover is that you don't just play Jumanji - you must survive it. To beat the game and return to the real world, they'll have to go on the most dangerous adventure of their lives, discover what Alan Parrish left 20 years ago, and change the way they think about themselves - or they'll be stuck in the game forever, to be played by others without break.
- In August 2016, Dwayne Johnson confirmed that the film will not be a reboot or a remake, but a sequel to the original film and a tribute to Robin Williams.
- In the aftermath of Jumanji (1995) actor Robin Williams's suicide, many people spoke out against this film. The crew assured that this film would provide a great tribute to Williams.
- The film's African jungle setting was shot in Hawaii.
- Tom Holland was cast as Seaplane McDonough but had to drop out of the film and was replaced with Nick Jonas.
- It had been speculated that Karen Gillan's character was either Alan Parish's daughter or a grown up Judy Shepherd (Played in the 1995 film by Kirsten Dunst).
- Jumanji (1995) is one of Karen Gillan's favorite films.
- As of April 22, 2016, Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) confirmed via Twitter that he will star in this film and that shooting will start in Fall 2016.
- Ruby Roundhouse's outfit was influenced by Lara Croft, the main protagonist of the Tomb Raider video games. As an in-joke, Martha comments on how impractical the outfit is to wear in the jungle.
- The idea of the main characters getting sucked into the game itself rather than staying in the real world is similar to the Jumanji animated series, which itself was an altered retelling of the first Jumanji movie.
- The second collaboration between Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart. The first was Central Intelligence (2016).
- Karen Gillan posted a photo of herself and her personal trainer Scott Pearlman whom helped her get into shape for the film on her official Instagram account on November 10th, 2016 and thanked Pearlman for whipping her into shape for the movie.
- The film is subtitled "Welcome to the Jungle", and has the Guns N Roses song "Welcome to the Jungle" in its teaser trailer.
- On Dwayne Johnson's official Facebook page, Johnson announced Karen Gillan will star in the film.
- This film is set in the same city (Bratford, New Hampshire) as the first film.
- Dwayne Johnson coincidentally starred in The Rundown  which was originally called Welcome To The Jungle and known as Welcome to the Jungle in some foreign countries.
- James Newton Howard was originally announced as the film's composer, but had to leave due to schedule conflicts.
- The 3rd adventure film set in the jungle to star Jack Black. Jack Black had starred in King Kong (2005) as the filmmaker Carl Denham, and Tropic Thunder (2008) playing an actor, Jeff Portnoy. In this film, he plays a virtual character.
- Dwayne Johnson's second film including 'Welcome To The Jungle' in the title. The other being titled as 'The Rundown' in the U.S. but Welcome to the Jungle in some other territories.
- This is the first Jumanji film to be shot in the widescreen 2.39:1 aspect ratio.
- It was speculated that the film would be about Dwayne Johnson, Karen Gillan, Kevin Hart and Jack Black's characters finding the board game and being sucked into the world of Jumanji and setting out to find a way of escaping back into the real world.
- Karen Gillan recorded a video for her official Instagram account on the set with her stunt doubles and stated that being an actress is hard.
- Jack Black had starred opposite Catherine Tate in Gulliver's Travels (2010). Both Catherine Tate and Karen Gillan had starred in Doctor Who (2005) and both actresses are natural redheads.
- Jack Black and Jake Kasdan have worked together on Orange County (2002).
- 17 years before the movie's release, Dwayne Johnson had appeared in Star Trek: Voyager (2000) (TV Series) as The Champion. Karen Gillan is a fan of Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987) (TV Series).
- Robin Williams's character of Alan Parrish makes an appearance in the film through archive footage.
jumanji welcome to the jungle cast
Dr. Smolder Bravestone
Professor Shelly Oberon
Anthony 'Fridge' Johnson
Let us know What you think