Paddington 2 Red carpet London Premiere
Sunday 5th November
Paddington is happily settled with the Brown family in Windsor Gardens, where he has become a popular member of the community, spreading joy and marmalade wherever he goes. While searching for the perfect present for his beloved Aunt Lucy's 100th birthday, Paddington spots a unique pop-up book in Mr. Gruber's antique shop, and embarks upon a series of odd jobs to buy it. But when the book is stolen, it's up to Paddington and the Browns to unmask the thief.
- Several of the cast members of the first, Ben Whishaw, Hugh Bonneville, Sally Hawkins, Julie Walters and Jim Broadbent, are all expected to return.
- Nicole Kidman had at one point expressed interest in being part of the sequel but unfortunately will not reprise the role of Millicent Clyde.
- The production begins on the 60th anniversary of Paddington's origin, as a 2016 start date is planned. Author Michael Bond began working on the character in 1956 and published his first book in 1958.
- After months of speculations, on October 2015 it was confirmed that Paul King would return to helm this second installment. By the time the sequel was announced, Paddington (2014) had become the highest grossing independent family film of all time, the highest grossing film in the UK among all 2014 releases, and the first family film in 10 years to be nominated for "Best British Film" at the Baftas.
- According to Ben Whishaw, production will begin in 2016.
- Creator of the Paddington books, Michael Bond, was told of the official announcement of the second film on his 90th birthday.
- Paul King dropped out of directing Wonder (2017) in favor of making this film instead.
- Plans for a third film in the series was announced in June 2016, several months before this film started filming.
- This will mark the first sequel for both Sally Hawkins and Hugh Bonneville. It's also the first sequel for Julie Walters outside the 'Harry Potter' franchise, Ben Whishaw's first outside of the 'James Bond' series and Hugh Grant's first since Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (2004).
- Director Paul King reportedly to write the screen story of Paddington 2 (2017) with Simon Farnaby, who had a small role in the first Paddington (2014) as Geographers' Guild security guard Barry.
- Sally Hawkins first got the news of plans for a sequel to Paddington (2014) through her brother Finbar, who forwarded her the internet link to producer David Heyman talking about it.
- Ben Whishaw, Jim Broadbent and Hugh Grant previously all three appeared in Cloud Atlas (2012).
- Paddington author Michael Bond died on the last day of filming Paddington 2 (2017). He died the day before but his death was announced on the final day of filming. There's was one further day of pick ups filmed in August.
- Ian Hunt of UK Gallopers supplied the fairground horses + other props & some of the vintage fairground artwork for the movie. Ian Hunt also made the fairground horse seen in the first Paddington Bear movie,
- Brendan Gleeson, Jim Broadbent, Julie Walters and Imelda Staunton all starred in the Harry Potter franchise.
- Michael Bond, creator of Paddington Bear, passed away half a year before the release of this film at the age of 91. His last book about the titular character was released in April 2017. His works has sold more than 35 million copies throughout his career.
paddington 2 cast
Aunt Lucy (voice)
Let us know What you think