The Mummy Red carpet London Premiere
Thursday 1st June
Odeon Leicester Square, London
Cancelled in light of recent e
Though safely entombed in a crypt deep beneath the unforgiving desert, an ancient queen whose destiny was unjustly taken from her is awakened in our current day, bringing with her malevolence grown over millennia, and terrors that defy human comprehension.
- The film's tagline, "Welcome to a new world of gods and monsters", is a quote from The Bride of Frankenstein (1935), which was also produced by Universal.
- Ironically, while casting the male lead in The Mummy (1999), Tom Cruise was considered before director Stephen Sommers eventually selected Brendan Fraser. Eighteen years later, Cruise plays the lead in this reboot of the franchise.
- Len Wiseman was originally set to direct, but he dropped out before production began. Wiseman was then replaced by Andrés Muschietti, but he also later dropped out due to creative differences.
- First collaboration between Tom Cruise and Russell Crowe
- The film was partially filmed in the City of London, with shooting taking place in July 2016.
- The first live action Mummy film to be released since The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (2008).
- The release of this film and American Made (2017) mark the first time Tom Cruise has appeared in more than one film per year since 2012. In 2012, he starred in both Rock of Ages (2012) and Jack Reacher (2012).
- This is Tom Cruise's third fantasy. The first was Legend (1985), which was followed by Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994).
- Baltasar Kormákur was offered the opportunity to direct, but turned it down.
- Tom Cruise character's name is changed from Tyler Colt to Nick Morton.
- When released, it'll mark 9 years after the second 'Mummy' movie.
the mummy cast
Colonel Gideon Forster
Let us know What you think