Guillermo del Toros Pinocchio London Film Premiere 2022
Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Guillermo del Toro reinvents Carlo Collodi's classic tale of the wooden marionette who is magically brought to life in order to mend the heart of a grieving woodcarver named Geppetto. This whimsical, stop-motion musical directed by Guillermo del Toro and Mark Gustafson follows the mischievous and disobedient adventures of Pinocchio in his pursuit of a place in the world.
A darker version of the classic children's fairy tale of a wooden puppet that transforms into a real living boy.
Guillermo del Toros Pinocchio London Premieres World Premiere
- Status: Confirmed
- Date:October 15, 2022
- Location: Southbank Centre’s Royal Festival Hall, London
- Attended by: Ewan McGregor, David Bradley, Gregory Mann, Cate Blanchett, Christoph Waltz
- Release in Cinemas: 2022-12-09
- Runtime: 114 minutes
Planning to attend the film premiere? Find more information regarding tickets, wristbands the times usually the premieres are taking place at London Film Premieres
- On November 10 2017, Guillermo del Toro announced that project was canceled. On October 22, 2018, however, Netflix announced that del Toro was brought on board to direct a stop-motion adaptation of Pinocchio, and del Toro himself tweeted concept art that shared identical character designs for his original Pinocchio project.
- In February 2011, Gris Grimly was asked to co-direct the movie with Mark Gustafson, until 2012, del Toro officially replaced Grimly.
- Unlike most versions, which take place in an unspecified time in the 1800s, Guillermo del Toro has said this version will take place in 1930s Italy under the rule of Benito Mussolini and the National Fascist Party.
- The first animated film directed by Guillermo del Toro.
- Ron Perlman's eighth collaboration with director Guillermo del Toro.
- In a 2018 Syfy interview, Guillermo del Toro confirmed that the movie will be more politically focused (being set in fascist-socialist Italy) than family friendly. Del Toro also revealed that the film blends both Pinocchio and Frankenstein stories.
- The seventh stop-motion film to be shot in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio after The Pirates! Band of Misfits (2012), ParaNorman (2012), Kubo and the Two Strings (2016), Isle of Dogs (2018) which also starred Tilda Swinton, Missing Link (2019), and A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon (2019).
- Paul Thomas Anderson was originally on board to direct before dropping out.
- Mark Gustafson's directorial debut.
- Composer Alexandre Desplat worked previously on two movies directed by Matteo Garrone, who directed the 2019 live-action of "Pinocchio".
Where was Guillermo del Toros Pinocchio filmed?
This are the locations:
- Portland, Oregon, USA
- Guadalajara, Mexico