Queen & Slim London film premiere 2023
Slim and Queen's first date takes an unexpected turn when a policeman pulls them over for a minor traffic violation. When the situation escalates, Slim takes the officer's gun and shoots him in self-defence. Now labelled cop killers in the media, Slim and Queen feel that they have no choice but to go on the run and evade the law. When a video of the incident goes viral, the unwitting outlaws soon become a symbol of trauma, terror, grief and pain for people all across the country
Queen & Slim London Premieres Queen & Slim
- Status: Not information yet
- Date: Not information yet
- Location: Not information yet
- Release in Cinemas: 2019-11-27
- Rating: 7.1
- Runtime: 132 min minutes
- directors: Melina Matsoukas
Planning to attend the film premiere? Find more information regarding tickets, wristbands the times usually the premieres are taking place at London Film Premieres
- According to the writer, the divergent world views of the two protagonists were based on the differences between Martin Luther King, Jr. and Malcolm X.
- First feature film to be directed by Melina Matsoukas, who has previously only directed music videos and TV episodes.
- By a share coincidence, both the main American characters are played by British actors.
- Daniel Kaluuya (Slim) meets a man praising them as the New Black Panthers. Kaluuya would go on to star in Judas and the Messiah about the Chicago charter of the Black Panthers.
- The two main characters are never referred to as "Queen" or "Slim". In fact, including their interactions with each other and other characters, the only times they are referred to by name are in news reports covering the manhunt for them. The news reports only use their given names (Ernest Hines and Angela Johnson).
- 17 minutes into the film, the main characters run out of gas and have to flag down a car. Slim: "I hope they Black" Queen: "That's not always a good thing". This foreshadows the betrayal of Shepherd's friend at the end.
- The man driving Queen & Slim to meet the plane is listening to "Thru it All" Remix by Wintertime which is a song about someone having their back against the wall. Could be a hint at the fact that the man actually turned Queen & Slim in for the reward money in the end.
- "Doomed" by Moses Sumney plays over the funeral scene at the end.
- Ernest and Angela end up using five different vehicles to reach their destination: Ernest's white sedan, the Kentucky sheriff's Ford F-350 pickup truck, Uncle Earl's turquoise Pontiac Catalina, an aged tan Mercedes station wagon, and the car of the friend of Mr. Shepherd. Their intended sixth vehicle - the plane - never gets to be used. The fates of each vehicle are: 1. Ernest's car: Abandoned in Kentucky. 2. Sheriff's pickup: Torched in New Orleans. 3. Uncle Earl's car: Towed from the Shepherd residence. 4. Mercedes station wagon: Abandoned somewhere around Miami. 5. It can be assumed that the "friend" of Mr. Shepherd retained his car.