She Said London Film Premiere 2022
New York Times reporters Megan Twohey and Jodi Kantor break one of the most important stories in a generation — a story that helped launch the #MeToo movement and shattered decades of silence around the subject of sexual assault in Hollywood.
She Said London Premieres BFI LFF Gala
- Status: Confirmed
- Date:October 14, 2022
- Location: Southbank Centre’s Royal Festival Hall, London
- Attended by: Carey Mulligan, Zoe Kazan, Patricia Clarkson, Andre Braugher,Jennifer Ehle
- Release in Cinemas: 2022-11-18
- Runtime: 128 minutes
Planning to attend the film premiere? Find more information regarding tickets, wristbands the times usually the premieres are taking place at London Film Premieres
- Based on the 2019 book of the same name by Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey.
- The film cast includes three Oscar nominees: Carey Mulligan, Patricia Clarkson, and Samantha Morton.
- This will be third collaboration and first on-screen appearance of Carey Mulligan & Zoe Kazan.
- Brad Pitt is one of this film's producers. Pitt was aware of the sexual harassment allegations against Harvey Weinstein decades before buying the rights to the book in which this movie is based on. Pitt dated Gwyneth Paltrow (from 1994 to 1997), who accused Weinstein of sexually harassing her in the 1990s while she was dating Pitt, who knew about it since Paltrow told him when it happened, according to her interview on the Howard Stern Show on May 23, 2018. Peter Biskind, the author of the 2004 book "Down and Dirty Pictures: Miramax, Sundance, and the Rise of Independent Film" (which depicts Weinstein as a brutish, violent man who nevertheless managed to charm all the right people in Hollywood), told Vanity Fair in October 2017 that he learned of the incident while reporting his 2001 Vanity Fair cover on Brad Pitt, but wasn't able to mention it in his story because Pitt had gone off-the-record. "He made me turn the tape recorder off ... but he did say he liked Harvey, despite the advances he had made on Gwyneth Paltrow," Biskind said. Pitt was also married to Angelina Jolie until 2016 (with whom he had 6 children and a 12-year relationship), who also accused Weinstein of sexually harassing her in the beginning of her career. In 2009, Pitt starred in Inglourious Basterds (2009), which was produced by Weinstein and distributed by The Weinstein Company, and a few years later he approached Weinstein and asked him to produce the movie Killing Them Softly (2012). Jolie said in an interview for The Guardian on September 4, 2021 that she fought with Pitt over that, but he still wanted Weinstein to produce the movie anyway, and Jolie said that it hurt her that Pitt was happy to work with Weinstein despite knowing he had assaulted her. Jolie never worked with Weinstein after he harassed her and avoided attending promotional events for Pitt's 'Killing Them Softly'. After his separation from Jolie, Pitt hired Weinstein's former attorney and PR fixer strategist, Matthew Hiltzik, who helped kill a New York Times' 2004 exposé on Weinstein. Jolie has also accused Pitt of domestic violence against both her and their children.
Where was She Said filmed?
This are the locations:
- New York City, New York, USA