The Super Mario Bros. Movie London Film Premiere 2023
A Brooklyn Plumber named Mario, travels through the Mushroom Kingdom with a Princess named Peach and an Anthropomorphic Mushroom named Toad to find Mario's Brother, Luigi, and to save the world from a ruthless fire breathing Koopa named Bowser.
The story of The Super Mario Bros. on their journey through the Mushroom Kingdom
Dont miss the chance to get best Deals from Amazon
The Super Mario Bros. Movie London Premieres
- Status: Not information yet
- Date:Not information yet
- Location: Not information yet
- Release in Cinemas: 2023-04-07
- directors:Aaron Horvath
- directors:Michael Jelenic
Planning to attend the film premiere? Find more information regarding tickets, wristbands the times usually the premieres are taking place at London Film Premieres
The Super Mario Bros. Movie Trailer
Did you know ... ?
- On the August 4, 2021 edition of Bert Kreischer's Bertcast's podcast (2012), stand-up comedian/actor Sebastian Maniscalco mentioned that he will be voicing Spike, and mentioned that the feature will be animated.
- Universal, the film's distributor, is the same studio behind 1989's The Wizard (1989), which prominently featured Super Mario Bros. 3 (1988) among other NES games, which had shown that Universal and Nintendo had patched things up after the Donkey Kong (1981) lawsuit earlier in the 1980s.
- This is the first theatrical Super Mario Bros. film since Super Mario Bros. (1993), starring Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo.
- Amanda Seyfried, Emma Stone, Jodie Comer, Chloë Grace Moretz, Mandy Moore, Amy Adams, and Kristen Bell were all considered for the role of Princess Peach.
- Anya Taylor-Joy has admitted to playing some of the Super Mario games as research for voicing Princess Peach.
- The release date of the film was revealed in a Nintendo Direct in September of 2021. Part time of the main cast was also revealed, prompting several memes and reaction videos online.
- Mario was originally named Jumpman in Donkey Kong (1981); Luigi actually first appeared in the TV ad for the first Mario Bros. (1983) video game in 1983, played by a live actor. It was the first ad to be set entirely within a game world.
- Keegan-Michael Key's second animated film to be based off a video game franchise.
- Actor Griffin Newman (The Tick (2016)) hinted on Twitter that he'd voice Lakitu.
- Illumination's 13th feature film.
- Brian Tyler's first theatrical score for an animated film.
- Chris Pratt and Charlie Day have previously worked together on The Lego Movie (2014) and The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (2019), marking this the third time they've worked together.
- Jack Black (Bowser) appeared in Waterworld (1995) and Jesus' Son (1999) with the late Dennis Hopper, who played Bowser in Super Mario Bros. (1993).
- Both Chris Pratt and Jack Black were two of the few actors who were considered to replace Louis C.K. as the voice of Max the dog in Illumination's The Secret Life of Pets 2 (2019), before the role was eventually given to Patton Oswalt.
- This is the fifth fully CGI film to be based off a video game franchise, after Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (2001), Ratchet & Clank (2016), The Angry Birds Movie (2016), and its sequel The Angry Birds Movie 2 (2019).
- In North America, this movie will be released on April 7, 2023, one year after Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2022).
- Kevin Michael Richardson is the only cast member of the film to've collaborated with voice actors from the Mario games at some point. He appeared alongside Charles Martinet in Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast (2002) and Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (2001) and Jen Taylor in the Halo series.
- Khary Payton's 3rd theatrically released animated film, after Khumba (2013) and Teen Titans GO! To the Movies (2018), the latter of which also starred experienced voice actor Eric Bauza.
- Seth Rogen and Keegan-Michael Key's 3rd collaboration together doing voice over work, after The Lion King (2019) and Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers (2022). It's also their first time doing so in a film that's fully animated and a film that's not from Disney.
- Illumination's first original full-length film of the 2020s and first one since The Grinch (2018).
- Jack Black's 4th film to have him playing a villainous role, after The NeverEnding Story III (1994), Ice Age (2002) and Goosebumps (2015), 2 of which were also voice over performances.
- Anya Taylor-Joy's 2nd animated film, after Playmobil: The Movie (2019).
- Sebastian Maniscalco's 2nd animated film, after The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature (2017).
Where was The Super Mario Bros. Movie filmed?
The Super Mario Bros. Movie was set around this are the locations:
- Paris, France