Avatar The Way of Water London Film Premiere 2022
Jake Sully lives with his newfound family formed on the planet of Pandora. Once a familiar threat returns to finish what was previously started, Jake must work with Neytiri and the army of the Na'vi race to protect their planet.
Avatar The Way of Water London Premieres null
- Status: Not information yet
- Date:Not information yet
- Location: Not information yet
- Release in Cinemas: 2022-12-16
Planning to attend the film premiere? Find more information regarding tickets, wristbands the times usually the premieres are taking place at London Film Premieres
- James Cameron is planning to shoot some footage seven miles underwater in the Challenger Deep, the deepest point of the Mariana Trench and also the deepest location on earth.
- According to James Cameron, the Avatar sequels were such a massive undertaking that he divided the four scripts between the writing team of Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver, Josh Friedman, and Shane Salerno. Cameron delves further explaining the story process: "I think we met for seven months and we whiteboarded out every scene in every film together, and I didn't assign each writer which film they were going to work on until the last day. I knew if I assigned them their scripts ahead of time, they'd tune out every time we were talking about the other movie."
- James Cameron seriously considered shooting the Avatar sequels in a higher frame rate, stating "The 3D shows you a window into reality; the higher frame rate takes the glass out of the window". The industry standard is 24fps, and higher frame rates are at least 48fps or 60fps. He later opted out of this route, stating in an interview that as groundbreaking as the format is for cinema, moviegoers have always been used to a specific way to view films and altering that in any way would simply take the audience out of that experience.
- James Cameron and Jon Landau confirms that Sony specifically listen to the request of Cameron to build a new camera called "Venice" Camera and Cameron also confirmed that he will shoot Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 (2024) with this Venice Camera.
- The Avatar sequels will cost a collective $1 billion at least
- When the movie finally releases in, supposedly, 2022 there will have been a 13 year gap between the first and second films. Giving it one of the longest development times as it was announced almost immediately following the first film's success.
- According to James Cameron, Kate Winslet will be performing all of her underwater stunts herself.
- James Horner had signed on to score the film, until his death in June 2015. The new composer is Simon Franglen.
- Edward Norton turned down a role after finding out he'd be playing a human, being more interested in playing a Na'vi. James Cameron, who still wanted to work with Norton, eventually had him cast as Nova in Alita: Battle Angel (2019).
- The release date has been pushed back to 2022. According to James Cameron this is because all upcoming sequels are being filmed 'back to back', similar to Peter Jackson's 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy.
- This sequel was announced in December 2009. Originally, James Cameron wanted to release it in 2015. After that was delayed to December 2016. After that to December 2017. In April 2016, Cameron announced a delay the release to December 2018. In March 2017, Cameron announced that the release finally wouldn't be in December 2018. In April 27 2017 was announced that the release would be on December 18 2020. In May 2019, Disney announced that the release finally would be on December 17 2021. In July 24 2020, Disney announced it would postpone the film due to the Covid19 pandemic to December 16, 2022.
- On December 17, 2019, via filmmusicreporter.com, it was announced that Simon Franglen would be composing the score to Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 (2024). Fraanglen was originally arranger and score producer on the first movie and had numerous other collaborations with James Horner, who scored the first Avatar (2009), including Titanic (1997). Franglen composed the soundtrack to The Magnificent Seven (2016), of which seven original themes were written by Horner. James Horner died in 2015.
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Park in Orlando, Florida, opened Pandora as a themed area in the park on May 27, 2017. It is inspired by James Cameron's Avatar (2009) and features Pandora's floating mountains, alien wildlife, and bioluminescent plants. It includes two major attractions, Avatar Flight of Passage and Na'vi River Journey, as well as retail and dining outlets.
- James Cameron's first sequel since Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991).
- This movie is set to be released 13 years and 4 months after the original Avatar (2009).
Where was Avatar The Way of Water filmed?
This are the locations:
- Stone Street Sudios, Wellington, New Zealand
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- MBS Media Campus - 1600 Rosecrans Avenue, Manhattan Beach, California, USA
- Manhattan Beach, California, USA
- California, USA