Living London film premiere 2023
Living London Premieres null
- Status: Not information yet
- Date: Not information yet
- Location: Not information yet
- Release in Cinemas: 2022-11-04
- Runtime: 102 minutes
- directors: Oliver Hermanus
Planning to attend the film premiere? Find more information regarding tickets, wristbands the times usually the premieres are taking place at London Film Premieres
- Kazuo Ishiguro had dreamed of doing a remake of Ikiru in English with Bill Nighy for many years. One night he and his wife ended up sharing a cab with Nighy after a party, and he pitched the idea. Nighy had never seen Ikiru, but once he watched it he enthusiastically signed on to the project.
- During a Q & A at the 2022 AFI Film Festival, Bill Nighy confessed that despite numerous opportunities, he has not seen the finished film. He dislikes watching himself onscreen, and hasn't watched most of his films.
- Lyons Corner Houses were a chain of upmarket tea shops that, at their peak, had 250 in London alone, although their popularity declined after WW2 due to changing tastes and the last one closed in 1977. Interestingly Lyons were directly responsible for the introduction of programmable electronic mainframe computers into the UK after commissioning a team of engineers to build one to help automate part of the business The result was so successful and gained so much attention that Lyons set up their own computer manufacturing division, called LEO to make and sell commercial computer business systems systems. LEO branded computer's were still in use until the early 1980s although the company had disappeared long before then , eventually becoming ICL.
- The production designers went to a great deal of trouble to make this film look like it was made in the era it was set, including avoiding quick edits, softening the colour palette and using a relevant font for the film credits.
- Vintage 1950s colour newsreel footage was digitally cleaned up for this film to add authenticity to establishing shots of London.
- We find out that Mr Williams lives in Esher, Surrey. Assuming he gets on the train to London Waterloo at Esher this would mean his colleagues get on the same train at Hersham (the prior stop ) or possibly Walton on Thames if there is a stop before not seen in the movie.
- Bill Nighy sings in this film. He also sang in "Love Actually" (2003).