The Boys in the Boat London film premiere 2023
The Boys in the Boat is a sports drama based on the #1 New York Times bestselling non-fiction novel written by Daniel James Brown. The film, directed by George Clooney, is about the 1936 University of Washington rowing team that competed for gold at the Summer Olympics in Berlin. This inspirational true story follows a group of underdogs at the height of the Great Depression as they are thrust into the spotlight and take on elite rivals from around the world.
The Boys in the Boat London Premieres null
- Status: Not information yet
- Date: Not information yet
- Location: Not information yet
- Release in Cinemas: 2023-12-25
- directors: George Clooney
Planning to attend the film premiere? Find more information regarding tickets, wristbands the times usually the premieres are taking place at London Film Premieres
- Based off the best-selling, non-fiction book of the same title.
- The Weinstein Company originally had the rights to a motion picture adaptation of The Boys in the Boat. However, when the company went bankrupt following allegations of sexual misconduct by co-founder and producer Harvey Weinstein, all of its assets, including the rights to this film, were later sold to Lantern Entertainment, which then stuck a deal with MGM to co-produce the film. Lantern's position in the film was later transferred to its newly relaunched Spyglass Media Group with MGM's former chairman and CEO Gary Barber. If this film will find a distributor, it will either go through United Artists Releasing (MGM's theatrical distribution joint venture with Annapurna Pictures) or be handled by a major studio partner like Warner Bros., Universal Pictures, Paramount Pictures or Sony.
- Sir Kenneth Branagh was the original director of the movie before George Clooney was hired.
- Exteriors of the swastika draped boathouse and some rowing scenes were filmed on the bank of the river Thames in East Molesey, Surrey (UK) in May 2022.
- This is George Clooney's first sports movie after Leatherheads (2008).
- James Wolk and Chris Diamantopoulos also starred in A Very Problematic Valentine's Day Special (2023) together.