The Sandman London Film Premiere 2022
A wizard attempting to capture Death to bargain for eternal life traps her younger brother Dream instead. Fearful for his safety, the wizard kept him imprisoned in a glass bottle for decades. After his escape, Dream, also known as Morpheus, goes on a quest for his lost objects of power.
Upon escaping after decades of imprisonment by a mortal wizard, Dream, the personification of dreams, sets about to reclaim his lost equipment.
The Sandman London Premieres null
- Status: Confirmed
- Date:August 3, 2022
- Location: BFI Southbank, London
- Attended by: Tom Sturridge, Vivienne Acheampong, Gwendoline Christie, Vanesu Samunyai, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Donna Preston, Sanjeev Bhaskar & Razane Jammal. Neil Gaiman (Creator/Executive Producer) & Allan Heinberg (Showrunner/Executive Producer)
- Release in Cinemas: 2022-08-05
Planning to attend the film premiere? Find more information regarding tickets, wristbands the times usually the premieres are taking place at London Film Premieres
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt signed on to direct and star in this adaptation of Neil Gaiman's comic book, with Gaiman on board as an executive producer. However, in March 2016, Warner Bros. moved the project to its subsidiary, New Line Cinema, and Gordon-Levitt's choice for screenwriter, Jack Thorne, was replaced by Eric Heisserer, prompting Gordon-Levitt to leave the project because of creative differences. Gordon-Levitt confirmed his departure on Facebook, writing: "So, as you might know if you like to follow these sorts of things, a while back, David Goyer and I made a producing deal with Warner Brothers to develop a movie adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Sandman," Gordon-Levitt wrote. "Neil himself came on as an executive producer, we hired the excellent screenwriter, Jack Thorne, and we started in on the ambitious task of adapting one of the most beloved and boundary-pushing titles in the world of comics. I was pleased with the progress we were making, even though we still had quite a ways to go. Recently, as you also might know if you like to follow these sorts of things, the sorta 'ownership' (for lack of a better term) of the Sandman material changed hands when Warner Brothers shifted the entire catalogue of Vertigo Comics (an imprint of DC) to their subsidiary, New Line. And a few months ago, I came to realize that the folks at New Line and I just don't see eye to eye on what makes Sandman special, and what a film adaptation could/should be. So unfortunately, I decided to remove myself from the project. I wish nothing but the best for the team moving forward. I'd like to thank all the great people I've had the opportunity to work with on this one. I've had a blast with and learned a ton from David and Jack. Niija Kuykendall, Greg Silverman, and everyone at Warner Brothers have been fantastic, as have Geoff Johns and everyone at DC. And it's been a particular privilege as well as a rocking good time getting to know Mr. Gaiman, whose generous insights and masterful work have certainly convinced me that the Lord of Dreams and the Prince of Stories are one and the same Endless pattern."
- In July 2019, after multiple failed attempts to make a screen adaptation, Netflix acquired Neil Gaiman's The Sandman comic book series. Described as "a rich blend of modern myth and dark fantasy in which contemporary fiction, historical drama, and legend are seamlessly interwoven," Gaiman wrote the first episode with showrunner Allan Heinberg and David S. Goyer. The author, who is fresh from adapting the novel he wrote with Terry Pratchett, Good Omens, said the first series would only cover Preludes and Nocturnes, the first eight comics in the Sandman series. According to the Hollywood Reporter, sources have described the deal between Netflix and Sandman's owner Warner Bros as "massive" and "the most expensive TV series that division DC Entertainment has ever done."
- Based on the graphic novel by Neil Gaiman.
- Dave McKean, who created the covers for the comic series, came out of "Sandman retirement" to design the credits sequences for this series.
- While many characters from the DC Comics have been removed from the series for the Netflix series, many which have originated outside the Sandman series are still present. Cain and Able (the House of Mystery and the House of Secrets), Destiny, John Dee (the villain Doctor Destiny, mostly from Justice League).
- Every episode is named after an issue from the comic series, with the slight exception of "24/7", of which the original comic title was "24 Hours".
Where was The Sandman filmed?
This are the locations:
- London, England, UK
- Sandbanks Peninsula Beach, Poole, Dorset, England, UK
- Shepperton Studios, Shepperton, Surrey, England, UK
- Guildford Cathedral, Guildford, Surrey, England, UK
- Leavesden Studios, Leavesden, Hertfordshire, England, UK