The Silent Twins London film premiere 2023
Based on the lives of June and Jennifer Gibbons, real-life identical twins who grew up in Wales, part of the only Black family in a small town. The two became known as "the silent twins" because of their refusal to communicate with anyone other than each other. They developed their own language and became catatonic when separated. The story takes place after a spree of vandalism inspired by an American boy they both idolize, when the girls, now teenagers, are sentenced to Broadmoor, an infamous psychiatric hospital where they face the choice to separate and survive or die together.
The Silent Twins London Premieres null
- Status: Not information yet
- Date: Not information yet
- Location: Not information yet
- Release in Cinemas: 2022-09-16
- Runtime: 113 minutes
- directors: Agnieszka Smoczynska
Planning to attend the film premiere? Find more information regarding tickets, wristbands the times usually the premieres are taking place at London Film Premieres
- The movie portrays June Gibbons and Jennifer Gibbons as fraternal twins. In real life, they were identical twins.
-  Both were sentenced to indefinite detention under the Mental Health Act 1983 at Broadmoor Hospital, a high-security [Mental] psychiatric hospital in Crowthorne, Berkshire, England, for arson, petty theft and vandalism; both stayed for eleven years.
- This is a true story of a set of twins who felt that one of them had to die in order for the other to live.